Tree Removal Permitting and Tree Mitigation Calculations: Review and Recommended Practices
Dates: January 10, 2019
Location: Coconut Creek
4800 W. Copans Road, Coconut Creek, FL in City Commission Chambers
The John Scott Dailey Florida Institute of Government at FAU is partnering with Earth Advisors, Inc. to offer the newly developed continuing education workshop Tree Removal Permitting and Tree Mitigation Calculations.
- Importance and Value of Trees for Communities
- Reasons for Tree Removal Permitting and Different Code Examples
- Tree Removal Permitting as part of Landscape Code or Tree Protection Code
- Evaluating Trees in the Field/Field Evaluation Exercise
- Tree Removal Permit Requirements with Examples
- Calculating Mitigation and Tree Replacements Using Different Codes and Calculations
- Most Equitable Mitigation Determination Methods and Why
- Tree Replacement Concerns/Issues
- Assuring Compliance for Your Codes
- Measures to Ease the Strain of Permit Reviews
Instructor: John Harris, President, Earth Advisors, Inc.
Certified Landscape Inspector, Certified Forester, Certified Arborist
Qualified Tree Risk Assessor, trained Tree and Landscape Appraiser
Registration Fee: $95.00
Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and received no later than one week prior to the class. In those cases, the registration fee, less a $30.00 administrative charge, will be refunded. No requests for refunds will be honored after that date, but substitutions are allowed. Non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal or refund request. We reserve the right to cancel this program; in that case, the registration fee will be refunded in full. Please call us at least seven days in advance if you require reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.